Recipe by mmcannatella
Modification of a recipe found on the back of a package of spinach. It is very good if you like vegetable casseroles, but without the fat!
Top Review by zephanie
Great recipe to make with pantry ingredients I had on hand. I did sub sour cream for the mayo, but the flavor was still great and it is an easy casserole to assemble ahead and then pop in the oven at dinner time.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed in margarine & chopped garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites, well beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave spinach & broccoli as per package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in light margarine & crushed garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, mayo, egg whites and seasonings.
- Add cooked vegies, including mushrooms.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes, or until firm.