Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
I love spinach and artichoke dip, but hate the fat... I came up with this fast and easy recipe that tastes great, is easy to put together, low in fat but big on taste! Flavored with roasted red peppers and Parmesan cheese, no yicky mayo here! Makes enough for a large crowd. Can be made in the microwave for even faster preparation. Also delicious served cold. Note: recipe can be made with fat-free marinade artichokes, I usually buy two small jars, adds a little extra zing! WW points = 1/serving
Top Review by deluxcanuck
The only change I made was sun-dried tomatoes instead of roasted red peppers. I used about half as much, fearing that the denseness of the tomatoes might over power the dish but I could have used more as it was very subtle. BTW, I live in Europe where neufchatel cheese is something quite different from what it is in North America. For all of you living in the rest of the world, it's light cream cheese.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened (do not use fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, undrained
- 7 1⁄4 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spritz a shallow baking dish (1.5-2qt) with cooking spray (Pam).
- Using food processor, mix light cream cheese, sour cream and artichoke hearts by pulsing until even consistency.
- Add roasted bell pepper and Parmesan cheese and pulse until creamy.
- To bake dip: Place mixture into prepared baking dish; add spinach and stir until combined.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Dip is done when browned and bubbly around the edges.
- To keep warm, lower temperature in oven to 250F and stir every 10 minutes until dip is served.
- For microwave directions: Place mixture into microwave safe dish (1.5-2qt), add spinach and stir until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving room for steam to escape.
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes or until dip is hot and boiling on the sides - microwaves vary, check often.
- Mix well before serving.