Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A health conscious chili adapted from "The YOU Diet." Goes well served over brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup white onions or 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add turkey, onion and garlic; cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.