Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spicy, refreshing lunch idea for the diligent calorie counter.
Make and share this Low Fat Spicy-Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium carrot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 green cabbage (or red if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Use 1 tsp olive oil to coat a large saucepan or wok and put on high heat. Chop chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Chop onions and cabbage into medium strips. Finely chop garlic. Grate carrot with a peeler into thick strips.
- Add chicken, onions and carrots carefully to hot pan and heat until onions begin to brown. Add cabbage, snap peas, and water chestnuts. Add bean sprouts LAST, waiting until all other vegetables are mostly cooked.
- As vegetables cook add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. If pan gets a bit dry, instead of adding oil, use a half cup of water. When vegetables are mostly cooked, add peanut butter and a 1/4 cup of water, mix well and reduce. Remove pan from heat and let sit one or two minutes.
- Chop one head of lettuce in half. Discard outer leaves and remove hard stalk. Pull leaves from the head, and try your hardest to keep them intact. Use lettuce leaves like a tortilla, filling them with hot chicken and vegetables.
- Meal is complete when served with brown rice. Meal is also great when made vegetarian style.