Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat, low calorie sandwich served on a multi-grain bun.
- 12 slices lean roast beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup medium salsa or 2⁄3 cup hot salsa
- 4 multi-grain hoagie buns
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook onion and peppers until tender.
- Add salsa to the onions and peppers.
- Heat until warm.
- Top each bun with equal amounts roast beef, onions and peppers and shredded cheese.
- Microwave sandwich on high 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Just made this for dinner and we LOVED it! I substituted a wheat roll since I was unabel to find a multi grain hoagie at my local grocery store, but still was delicious! I added a little minced garlic and cilantro to the salsa and it was GREAT! Thanks Karen from Colorado, or California : )
I made this with Paul Newman's medium-hot salsa, used a yellow rather than red bell pepper (they all taste about the same to me) and substituted whole wheat wraps for the hoagie rolls. Made a great lunch. (I think pita pockets would work well, too). Next time I may try adding a little garlic.