Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I also use this in place of mayo for sandwiches. Prep time doesn't include chill time.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, minced (seeds & veins removed)
- 1⁄3 cup peeled cucumber, grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in a large glass jar, shake to mix.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, but not more than 3 days.
- Shake well before using.
This is a great salad dressing! I diced the cucumber instead of grating, used parsley instead of cilantro, and added just a bit more dill. Made this in the morning and we had a wonderful salad for lunch!