Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very easy casserole with lots of flavor. Points...6.
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄4 cups another short-grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4 lbs.,cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 2-quart casserole, combine the rice, onion, and oil.
- Add the tomatoes, one cup of the broth, the paprika, oregano, ground pepper, roasted peppers, and chicken, and stir.
- Cover the casserole and bake 30 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and add an additional 1/4 cup broth, if needed, to keep the rice from sticking.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.