1 hr 10 mins
A very easy casserole with lots of flavor. Points...6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice or 1 1/4 cups another short-grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4 lbs.,cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a 2-quart casserole, combine the rice, onion, and oil.
- 3Add the tomatoes, one cup of the broth, the paprika, oregano, ground pepper, roasted peppers, and chicken, and stir.
- 4Cover the casserole and bake 30 minutes.
- 5Stir in the peas and add an additional 1/4 cup broth, if needed, to keep the rice from sticking.
- 6Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Spanish Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 656.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken stock