Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An healthier alternative to the heavy cream alfredo dishes, this one combines a variety of wonderful veggie flavors, topped off with a light and creamy finish.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- Boil pot of water, add 1 tsp of the sea salt to the pan.
- Add spaghetti noodles and allow to cook until al dente, approximately 9 minutes.
- Make a roux: Pour butter into a saucepan heat until bubbling, then combine flour into saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan and continue heating and stirring the mixture.
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower and carrot in a steamer and cook until crisp-tender, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add milk powder, parmesean, garlic, mushrooms, pepper and the rest of the sea salt to the saucepan and cook on medium-low heat for another 8 minutes.
- Let sauce cool and thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti noodles and serve topped with veggies and cream sauce.