Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a very tasty way to enjoy turkey burgers.
Make and share this Low Fat Southwestern Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, well drained and finely chopped
- 8 slices low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce or 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Mix ground turkey, chopped onion, and chilies. Shape mixture into 8 thin patties.
- Top centers of 4 patties with mushrooms.
- Top each with 2 slices cheese.
- Place remaining patties on top; pinch edges to seal securely.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Broil patties with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, until turkey is no longer pink in center and juice is clear.
- Serve on rolls with taco sauce or salsa.