Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
OMG! You HAVE to try this! This recipe...please don't miss! YUMBERINI is my fave new word, Is low fat or haven't you heard :)
- 8 ounces smoked turkey
- 1⁄4 lb brown lentils
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 scallions
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, from bottle
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- PLACE lentils in small saucepan, cover with water and BOIL, then simmer until soft (about 25 minutes); DRAIN and set aside until slightly cooled.
- DICE garlic, celery,scallions, turkey, tomato and pickled jalepeno into large bowl.
- ADD everything and TOSS.
- HOW EASY IS THAT?.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- NOTE: Pepper is personal preference.
- NOTE: Cumin is a good spice for weight loss so can increase amount if that too is your personal preference.