Brian M. Riback's Note:
I was experimenting last night, wanting to do something different with shrimp. I don't really measure so please use your best judgment when referring to the counts I have included below. I'm REALLY curious if anyone likes this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus another 3 to be used later
- one medium bag shrimp
- 1 shallot, Diced
- 1 small red pepper, Diced
- 4 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (Reserve the liquid!!!)
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 (1/16 ounce) sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 2 cups broccoli rabe or 2 cups brown rice
- 11. Add the first 3 tbsp of EVOO to a medium-hot pan.
- 22. Add Shallot, Red Pepper, garlic and cook until translucent.
- 33. Add chicken broth to deglaze (2 minutes).
- 44. Add White wine, Oregano, and Basil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 55. While this is simmering, in a separate bowl, combine reserved liquid from the mushrooms with cornstarch and let sit.
- 66. Add Milk, rest of EVOO, Splenda, and cornstarch mixture and increase flame to high and let boil. Be careful with the milk that it doesn't boil over.
- 77. Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium, toss until pink (about 3-5 minutes).
- 88. Serve over Broccoli Rabe or Brown Rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: