Using a low fat yogurt in the dressing makes this healthier without losing out on the taste. Fresh or imitation crab can be used in place of the shrimp, or you can mix the two. Cook time includes chilling time before serving. I adapted this from the book: Quick and Healthy Recipes and Ideas when I wanted an easy and healthy lunch side dish. ZWT REGION: Asia.
- 5 cups cabbage (very finely shredded)
- 1 small sweet red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 carrot (finely grated)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 3 cups cooked shrimp or 3 cups crab
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (sweetened, salt free preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- Combine all of the coleslaw ingredients and mix well.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and pour over the coleslaw mix.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.