Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful, light stir-fry, perfect for low-carb diets. For those who aren't restricting carbs, this is wonderful atop brown rice or Asian rice noodles (and its still low-fat!!). You can alter the veggies according to taste, or what you have on hand.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, nuggets drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 scallions, sliced
- In bowl, blend water, soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, and ginger until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry garlic until softened, about 2 min.
- Add shrimp and stir fry until pink, about 4 min.
- Add broccoli, bell peppers, snow peas, corn, water chestnuts, and scallions.
- Stir fry one minute, mixing well.
- Stir sauce mixture to combine, pour over veggies.
- Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, 5-7 min.
- ,until sauce thickens and veggies are crisp-tender.