Recipe by Carolyn Schley
This is an adaptation of a regular Recipe to make it Low Fat. Really very tasty. If on Weight Watchers it will serve 3 people at 5 points per serving. It can easily be doubled or tripled for more servings.
Top Review by sugarpea
Terrific comfort food. I almost can't believe the low fat content and low calories; it's so rich and creamy. I didn't have any butter-flavored cooking spray and I won't use it next time, I loved the flavor without it. Only thing I'll change next time is to use fresh minced onion rather than dried. I loved this!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄8 cup flour (2 oz.)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- 20 ounces peeled raw potatoes, sliced thin (approximately 3 medium potatoes)
- pam butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 cup measuring cup mix melted butter& flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add onion, Salt& Pepper.
- Microwave at medium High (70% power) until smooth and slightly thick (4- 6 min) stirring every 3 minutes or less.
- Spray a 2 qt. casserole with Pam Butter flavored spray and alternate layers of potatoes and sauce,spraying each layer with Pam Butter flavored spray.
- Cover and bake at Fast Bake (Micro-Convection) for 25 min at 350 degrees (Will register 325 deg.).
- Preheat before putting potatoes in oven.
- Cover to let stand while making rest of dinner.
- OR preheat thermal oven to 350 deg.
- and bake for about 45 minutes.