Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are seasoned with dill and have an unsurpassed flavor.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup sliced onion rings
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon minced dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup fat-free swiss cheese
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a medium pan with vegetable spray.
- Cook and stir over medium heat the onions and mushrooms until tender (about 5 min).
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the veggies and coat evenly.
- Gradually add in the milk.
- Cook until thick and bubbly (about 5-6 min) stirring frequently.
- Add the dill, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Cook till cheese is melted (about 1 more minute).
- Remove from the heat.
- Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray and place 1/3 of the potatoes over bottom.
- Follow by 1/3 cheese sauce.
- Repeat layering two more times.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then serve.