- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- It takes 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rotini pasta to make 2 cups of cooked pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, onion, carrots and celery.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place salmon.
- Pick through to remove bones and skin.
- Once salmon is picked through, mix in pickle relish, mayonnaise plain yogurt, and black pepper.
- Add salmon mixture to pasta; mix gently to blend flavors.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
I'm trying to eat more grains, so I made this with whole wheat pasta.. and my was it good! Even the DH, a confirmed white carb addict, loved it! I recommend buying the highest quality canned salmon you can find as the cheap stuff tastes just like tuna. The dressing is creamy and the yogurt gives it that tang that fat-free mayonnaise can lack. Thanks for the great recipe, Audrey M.
This is a very good pasta salad! I used the salmon that comes in the foil packets and low fat sour cream instead of yogurt. I also added some Old Bay Seasoning. It is a light, refreshing entree for lunch. I served it with sliced, fresh tomatoes. Thanks, Carole in Orlando