Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is taken from the Jane Brody cookbook and it is a lighter and healthier version of a salmon mousse. It is delicious and makes a wonderful entree but note that it needs to chill for at least 3 hours so make ahead.
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 240 g salmon (bones and skin removed)
- 1⁄2 cup strained Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon onion (grated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin on cold water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat water until gelatin melts.
- Puree salmon with mayonnaise and yoghurt.
- Pour gelatin into salmon puree and add dill, onion, lemon juice, parsley and pepper.
- Combine thoroughly and refrigerate until mousse is partially set. (It should form a heap when dropped off a spoon.).
- Pour into two lightly oiled moulds and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Unmould by briefly holding in a bowl of warm water and inverting onto a serving plate.