Recipe by **Jubes**
Low-fat roast veges.You can roast any veges of your choice this way and you can try different herbs and spices if you wish to. Serve with gravy, drizzled with lemon juice or -as my children like -drizzled with tomato sauce/ketchup. You can also used all-purpose seasoning herb and spice mix if you wish. You can add peeled carrots, turnips, onions -basically any veges of your choice.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Delicious oven-roasted veggies. We can not get the cooking spray here, so I just lightly tossed the cut-up veggies in a very little olive oil with the seasonings - also added some oregano and garlic powder. All gone.
- 8 new potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (kumera)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C if using a fan-forced oven or 210°C if using no fan. Spray an oven tray/cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- Wash potatoes, dry and cut in half. I like to leave the potato skins on. Peel the kumera and slice into 2-3 cm (1 inch) thick slices.
- Place the veges in a single layer on the tray. Sprinkle over the herbs and spices. Spray again lightly with the cooking spray.
- Place in pre-heated oven and cook 30 minutes Remove the veges from the oven and turn them over. Re-season and spray again lightly with cooking spray.
- Return veges to oven and cook another 20 minutes. Check veges and cook longer if required.
- Serve plain or drizzled with lemon juice, gravy or sauce of your preference.