Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low-fat roast veges.You can roast any veges of your choice this way and you can try different herbs and spices if you wish to. Serve with gravy, drizzled with lemon juice or -as my children like -drizzled with tomato sauce/ketchup. You can also used all-purpose seasoning herb and spice mix if you wish. You can add peeled carrots, turnips, onions -basically any veges of your choice.
- 8 new potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (kumera)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 190°C if using a fan-forced oven or 210°C if using no fan. Spray an oven tray/cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- Wash potatoes, dry and cut in half. I like to leave the potato skins on. Peel the kumera and slice into 2-3 cm (1 inch) thick slices.
- Place the veges in a single layer on the tray. Sprinkle over the herbs and spices. Spray again lightly with the cooking spray.
- Place in pre-heated oven and cook 30 minutes Remove the veges from the oven and turn them over. Re-season and spray again lightly with cooking spray.
- Return veges to oven and cook another 20 minutes. Check veges and cook longer if required.
- Serve plain or drizzled with lemon juice, gravy or sauce of your preference.
Delicious oven-roasted veggies. We can not get the cooking spray here, so I just lightly tossed the cut-up veggies in a very little olive oil with the seasonings - also added some oregano and garlic powder. All gone.
Oh this is good and I love that it is low fat! Perfect. I made this with Mikekey's Paul's Italian-Style Meatloaf
. for dinner last night. Perfection together! Used zuchinni, Yukon gold (2) and sweet tater (1), washed and cubed. I left the skins on. I also used vidalia and red onions, and used fresh herbs from my windowsill. I have enough leftover for another meal this week and plan to warm in the oven. I bet this will be great on the grill using all kind of sweet and banana peppers added in. (Did not have any this round) and will print this to my summer cookbook for the cottage!!! Made for AUS/NZ Swap #52. Thank you Jubes.
What a great recipe, Jubes! We devoured these super tasty roasted veggies! Mmmm!
My sis and me used hokkaido squash, potatoes, onions and garlic for the veggies and used generous sprinklings of the spices. What a yummy treat!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this definite keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #47 December 2010.