Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of DH favourite salad dressings. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Roast the pepper and let sit covered for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the core and seeds.
- Remove skin and charred bitties.
- Puree pepper and garlic in food processor.
- Blend in vinegar, salt and pepper, basil and oil.
- Whisk in water.
DELICIOUS! My DH raved about this dressing, too. It was a little spicy for the kids, but I could probably just add some yoghurt to turn it into a creamy version for them. I have to admit, I cheated, though. I used a jarred roasted red pepper (because I had it on hand), and used the liquid from the jar for both the oil and water. The resulting dressing was nice and thick and full of flavor. A little goes a long way, too! Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting!