Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very moist, healthy cornbread that tastes rich and wonderful!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup course ground cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 4 ounces egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Stir in yogurt and egg substitute until combined.
- Mix in diced peppers.
- Pour into greased 9" square pan or skillet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.