1/3 Photos of Low-Fat Roasted Onion-Garlic Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 Spanish onions, cut in 1/2 lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 3 large shallots, cut in half
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated, peeled and cut in half (large)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Set oven rack at lowest level, preheat to 450 degrees.
- 2Combine onions, shallots, garlic and oil in large shallow roasting pan. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until onions are golden brown.
- 3Remove from oven and pour in 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir liquid in pan, scraping the bottom to loosen and dissolve caramelized bits.
- 4Transfer the onion mixture to a soup pot and add brandy, thyme and remaining broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve topped with Parmesan and perhaps some toasted French bread
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Roasted Onion-Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 850.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g