Recipe by CountryLady
Delicious, moist chicken without all the fat!
Top Review by BlisteryKitty
This recipe provided a light, tasty dinner that was perfect for a spring evening. The potatoes did not seem to finish cooking, though. Next time I make it, I will make baked potatoes instead. Very lemony and delicious. Thanks!
- 1 roasting chicken (about 3 lbs)
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, peeled & quartered
- salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut both lemons in half.
- Put the first half into the chicken cavity along with the garlic& onion.
- Place chicken into a non stick oven roasting pan or lightly spritz a regular pan with a cooking spray such as Pam.
- Squeeze the juice from the second lemon half over the chicken, season with salt, followed by a good shaking of lemon pepper; surround with the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated 325F oven for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 3rd lemon half over chicken, sprinkle with more lemon pepper& turn the potatoes; return to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, squeeze juice from the last lemon half over chicken, sprinkle with more lemon pepper& turn the potatoes; return to oven for the final 30 minutes.