Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Delicious, moist chicken without all the fat!
- 1 roasting chicken (about 3 lbs)
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, peeled & quartered
- salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- Cut both lemons in half.
- Put the first half into the chicken cavity along with the garlic& onion.
- Place chicken into a non stick oven roasting pan or lightly spritz a regular pan with a cooking spray such as Pam.
- Squeeze the juice from the second lemon half over the chicken, season with salt, followed by a good shaking of lemon pepper; surround with the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated 325F oven for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 3rd lemon half over chicken, sprinkle with more lemon pepper& turn the potatoes; return to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, squeeze juice from the last lemon half over chicken, sprinkle with more lemon pepper& turn the potatoes; return to oven for the final 30 minutes.
This recipe provided a light, tasty dinner that was perfect for a spring evening. The potatoes did not seem to finish cooking, though. Next time I make it, I will make baked potatoes instead. Very lemony and delicious. Thanks!
Low fat isn't for me, but this sounded great so I made two and added a mix of butter and olive oil to coat the chicken skin on one. This had an nice lemon flavor. The one with the oil and butter was more moist and it "looked" better but if you are looking for truly low fat, it didn't make that much difference ~ unless you eat the skin (we do). I do like roasting my chicken at a higher temperature. (425 firtst 30 minutes and then reduced to 400 to finish cooking.) Love the seasoning. Thanks.