8 hrs 20 mins
Audrey M's Note:
If you prefer, this recipe can be done on the stove but I recommend cutting the spices in half. In crock pot cooking, dried spices loose some of their kick. This is a great recipe for leftover chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 chopped carrots (bite size pieces)
- 2 stalks chopped celery (bite size pieces)
- 4 cups potatoes (bite size) (optional)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (12 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded chicken (or more , I use up my leftovers from a roaster)
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1I roast a chicken in a cup of white wine and use the leftover chicken for my soup.
- 2See my Chicken in a Pot Recipe for the Crock pot.
- 3The wine gives the broth a nice kick.
- 4Pour broth and leftover chicken into a bowl and refrigerate.
- 5Skim off the fat.
- 6Place chicken cut up chicken and broth in crock pot.
- 7Pour in three cans of chicken broth and break up gelled chicken and broth.
- 8Add all ingredients to slow cooker except noodles and evaporated milk.
- 9Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 10Cook noodles on top of stove according to package directions.
- 11While noodles are cooking, pour in evaporated milk and blend into soup.
- 12Turn crock pot to High to heat milk.
- 13Stir in noodles to soup before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low - Fat Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yolk-free wide egg noodles