1/3 Photos of Low Fat Rice With Peas & Carrots (Kosher-Pareve)
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
I really love rice. There are numerous ways to prepare rice and I tend to vary and change all the time. This dish is very easy to prepare, kids just love it, and it's suitable for almost every meal and every occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups basmati rice (well rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 3/4 cups water (cold)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chicken consomme (Chicken Stile Consomme Instant Soup & Seasoning Mix, Pareve)
- 285 g peas and carrots
- 20 thyme leaves (optional)
- 1Warm oil in pot. Do not over heat!
- 2Add onion and reduce heat, cover and slowly allow onion to golden. If needed, occasionally add 1 Tbs boiled water to prevent burn).
- 3Add rice, and fry while stirring.
- 4Add water, salt, consomme, thyme (if desired) and peas & carrots.
- 5Bring to boil.
- 6Reduce to the lowest heat, cover with clean dry kitchen towel and cover with lid.
- 7Cook for 12 minutes and take off the stove. Leave covered for additional 5 minutes.
- 8Do not open until cooking is done.
- 9Fluff gently with fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Rice With Peas & Carrots (Kosher-Pareve)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 634.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: