Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a local magazine, true! Then put my own twist on too! Yummy and delicious, healthy to make! Best of all, no frying! They are baked!
- cooking spray
- 500 g potatoes
- 400 g garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 2 spring onions
- 2 slices rindless bacon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- Peel potatoes; cut and place into boiling water in saucepan; BOIL for 10 minutes.
- ADD red lentils to potatoes in water for 3 minutes; DRAIN.
- Return to pan, add garbanzo beans (drained chickpeas if using canned) and MASH and add black pepper.
- Oil spray fry pan (or use 2 teaspoons stock) and sauté green onions (spring onions), bacon, garlic and chili sauce for about 4 minutes; add coriander and parsley.
- ADD bacon mixture to mashed mixture; combine well.
- NOTE: Taste at this point and adjust to YOUR liking; no use continuing if you don't like the taste or texture at this point.
- With 1/2 measure cup, take up combined mixture into hands and roll onto cornflake crumbs (on flat tray) like small sausages.
- NOTE: If you place mixture between hands (that look like they are praying), roll back and forth to make it easier to evenly roll; tap both side to square out.
- Place on flat plate, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- NOTE: Make sure croquettes are nicely covered all over.
- PREHEAT oven 210°C; place baking paper on flat tray; place croquettes and lightly oil spray one side.
- BAKE for 10 minutes, turn, lightly oil spray and bake for another 10 minutes.
- ENJOY! Serve with any sauce you enjoy! We like Tzatziki!
- NOTE: I count to 5 when using oil spray.
- NOTE: I got 13 out of mine.