Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Also from Healthy Latin Cooking. The fat is cut out and the flavor is in the Canadian bacon.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ounce Canadian bacon, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and bacon.
- Cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the beans and rice.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the rice is lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.