Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by marylyn.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk, well shaken
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh basil leaf, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste .
- Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
I've been making this recipe for years. It's really good. The only problem with it is it comes out pretty thin. I've tried thickening it up with a tiny bit of xanthan gum but that doesn't seem to work very well. If anyone has a better idea, please share!