Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy low-fat homemade ranch dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Using a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients together until smooth.
- Chill before serving.
- The serving size is approximately 2 tablespoons and the recipe yields about 1 cup.
We were really excited to think there may be a healthy ranch dressing that tasted at least OK. This wasn't it. Not sure which spice it was but way too strong. Also too much lemon. I followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for trying though!