Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
This is from the Sunmaid Raisins. It's a good lowfat cookie recipe. It is chewy since there isn't much fat in it at all. Enjoy.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups old fashioned oats or 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to make a blended dough.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on preparted cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- Slide cookies from parchment paper onto countertop to cool.
I made these twice. The first time I overbaked a bit and they were dry, but still pretty good. The second time I took them out a bit earlier and they were much better. I also sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top. For a low fat cookie they are really good and very quick to make! I will make these often. Thanks for posting.
these were just too dry. Maybe leaving out the last 1/3 c of oatmeal would have made the difference.