1/3 Photos of Low-Fat Pumpkin Swirl Bars (Or Cake)
Many pumpkin desserts are dense and heavy, but these bars are light and more cake-light, with a lovely cream-cheese swirl. For a fancier presentation, serve it with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare pan - either a 10x15 jelly roll (for bars) or a 9x13 (for cake). I like to line my pans with parchment paper.
- 3Combine flour, spice, baking powder and soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- 4In a mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar and softened butter. Add pumpkin, and then eggs and whites. Add flour mixture; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
- 5Make cream cheese topping: blend cheese, 3 T. sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle across top of batter; then use a knife to zigzag through the batter and filling, creating a nice design.
- 6Bake according to your pan size: 10x15 pan 25-30 minutes, 9x13 pan 35 minutes. Test with a knife (better than a toothpick test) to make sure the bars are completely done and not under-baked. I watch for the cake to puff up all over, even creating little cracks on the top, as an indicator that it is thoroughly baked. Under-baked bars get gummy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Pumpkin Swirl Bars (Or Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g