Recipe by Ninna
From my Panasonic Genius Cookbook, 1200w. We love the curry flavour in this soup.
Top Review by KittyKitty
My sister and her husband, make a pumkin soup that she says takes them forever, so I gave her this recipe, she said it was excellent, and so much easier and faster. Thanks,Ninna
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped (I use Kent, any type will be fine)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (I sometimes use 2 tsp)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pumpkin, onion and garlic in 2 ltr (2 quarts) casserole dish; cover and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, curry powder and pepper; cook on high for 10 minutes, (I like to cook an extra few minutes, it is easier to blend with stick blender if a little softer); cool slightly.
- Blend with stick blender; add evaporated milk, stir in and serve garnished with chives.