Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy to make, and a healthy snack alternative.
Make and share this Low-fat Pumpkin Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- In a large bowl, place flour and salt.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, creamed butter and sugar and milk to dry mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Depending on the wetness of the mixture, you may need to add a little more milk.
- Lightly grease muffin tray with canola spray and spoon mixture into tray.
- Bake at 220C for 10-15 mins, or until tops of muffins spring back when lightly touched.
These are GREAT! Wow! For those of us who don't keep self-raising flour around, the recipe is 1 c flour, 1 1/4 t baking powder, 1/8 t salt. I used a combination of whole wheat, spelt, and AP flours. I also used buttermilk instead of plain, and threw in a few shakes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I did not add the pinch of salt b/c I had added it to the flour, and I wish I had. I chose to knead and cut these, just b/c that's how I like scones. These rose like crazy and had perfect texture. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Healthy Choices tag.
i added about a half bag of hershey's cinnamon chips which helped a ton w/the flavor!
What a great recipe. I cooked the scones for 13 minutes at 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
I also used canned pumpkin pie and added some cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and allspice (1/4 tsp of each).
What a fabulous low fat and low calorie snack. I am making a second batch right now....want to put them in the freezer for a morning snack. Thanks.