Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another great recipe, but because it uses 5 eggs, it is not low fat as my other posted recipe (Low Fat Pumpkin Roll). What you can do is make the other loaf, and use the icing from this one also. Either way, it's delish!
- Beat eggs on high speed of mixer approximately 5 minutes.
- Graduallly beat in sugar.
- Fold in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Sift together dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread into greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Tun out on towel.
- Roll towel and cake together; cool.
- Soften and Whip Cream Cheese, beat in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over cake; roll and chill.
- Cut into 12 servings.
This is spectacular. I pretty much followed the recipe except I used a combination of sugar and Splenda to cut down the sugar (it baked up just fine, you don't bake it very long). I also (oops!) used too much cool whip so it came out a little, uh, stuffed, which I don't think the author intended. Tip: unroll the cooled cake (make sure it's cooled or it could crack) onto a large piece of plastic wrap or wax paper for easier rolling and storage. The only problem I had was that the nutmeg was too strong, making the cake a little bitter. I think it was my nutmeg, not the recipe, but next time I'll use mace.