Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
It is a lovely combination of light cheesecake and autumn. I never use the canned stuff (fresh mashed sweet potatoes the darker the better are my favourite) but I know it works well. Also, I sometimes use Splenda Brown sugar mix or Sugar Twin brown sugar and some lite maple syrup instead of sugar.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesphiladelphia fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mashed yams or 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup honey maid reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup thawed Cool Whip Free
- Prepare sweet potato by either baking or steaming (keeps the nutrients) and mash.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix until blended. Do not overbeat after adding eggs.
- Remove 1 cup batter; stir in yam/pumpkin and spices.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle bottom with crumbs.
- Pour remaining plain batter into crust. Top with sweet potato batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. If you used sugar subs or just egg whites it will take longer.
- Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top each serving with 1 tablespoons of the whipped topping.