Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe I developed when wanted a lower fat, lower sugar cookie for tea time. If you've never made low fat cookies before, don't expect the texture to be like a higher fat cookie. Low fat cookies can be just as tasty, but have a more muffin like texture. Make sure you use plain pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (or use all sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together applesauce, sugar, splenda, egg whites, pumpkin, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together baking soda, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until well mixed.
- Drop by heaping, rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.