Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A different, low-fat spin on risotto!
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs pumpkin, in cubes (900g)
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- Bring stock to boil and reduce to a simmer. Put 2 tBspns in a small bowl and add saffron threads to infuse.
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minute.
- Add rice and pumpkin and cook for a few min until rice is transparent.
- Pour apple juice in and allow to bubble hard. When the juice is absorbed, add 1/4 of the stock, and the saffron liquid.
- Stir until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the rest of the hot stock gradually, a scoop at a time, to allow it to absorb. Stir constantly.
- After 20-30 min the rice should be golden yellow and creamy.
- Stir in cheese, cover and leave for 5 minute.
- To finish, stir in nutmeg and oregano and serve.