Recipe by Claire #3
Here's a delicious, moist pound cake recipe that has very little fat. It gets a headstart from packaged cake mix, but tastes like scratch.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almonds or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with flour, shaking to coat pan.
- Beat cake mix and next five ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick interested into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack.