Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's a delicious, moist pound cake recipe that has very little fat. It gets a headstart from packaged cake mix, but tastes like scratch.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almonds or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh mint sprig
- Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with flour, shaking to coat pan.
- Beat cake mix and next five ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick interested into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack.
This was great! I used vanilla extract, I took some slices to work and nobody had a clue it was lowfat, this is a really good treat!
This was so good, everybody enjoyed this. Nobody could believe it was low fat. Iused 1t. vanilla and 1t. almond extract. Thanks for this great recipe, I will be baking this cake often for the low fat dieters.
Hmm... I pride myself on my cake making abilities and this one just didnt turn out right. It was very eggy tasting. Luckily I had some not-so-low fat frosting to put on top to mask the bland flavor. I will try it using 4 whole eggs and see if that makes a difference.