Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful low-fat meal.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
- 8 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with the cooking spray.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over meidum heat.
- Add the ground turkey,onions,bell peppers and garlic.
- Cook until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer,covered for 5 minutes.
- Pour the meat; mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheeses.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and Italian seasoning.
- Break the crescent rolls apart and roll each triangle flat, slightly enlarging.
- Srpead one teaspoon of the sour cream mixture in each triangle.
- Roll up as directed on the package.
- Place on top the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.