Top Review by Angela Sara
A simple, tasty and low calorie dish all in one pan!:) I used the ingredients exactly and chose to add broad beans (green kidney beans) but they took longer to cook than the rest of the vegetables. Next time I'll cook them before adding ! Very easy to make, thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup tomatoes or 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green beans or 1 cup yellow wax bean
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- 2 cups red potatoes, unpeeled , diced
- 1 fresh herbs of choice, placed in a cheesecloth bag (parsley, basil, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring liquid to boil in a deep soup kettle. Add all vegetables and seasonings.
- Turn down heat to simmer and partially cover the pot. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with crusty whole wheat bread and a light fruit dessert. Variation: Almost any vegetable but onions, tomatoes, and the potatoes can be substituted for another vegetable. Don't use the cabbage family because the flavor is too radically changed.
- Green peas and baby lima beans are a great addition, as is 1/2 cup of corn kernels.