Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup tomatoes or 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green beans or 1 cup yellow wax bean
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- 2 cups red potatoes, unpeeled , diced
- 1 fresh herbs of choice, placed in a cheesecloth bag (parsley, basil, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Bring liquid to boil in a deep soup kettle. Add all vegetables and seasonings.
- Turn down heat to simmer and partially cover the pot. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with crusty whole wheat bread and a light fruit dessert. Variation: Almost any vegetable but onions, tomatoes, and the potatoes can be substituted for another vegetable. Don't use the cabbage family because the flavor is too radically changed.
- Green peas and baby lima beans are a great addition, as is 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
A simple, tasty and low calorie dish all in one pan!:) I used the ingredients exactly and chose to add broad beans (green kidney beans) but they took longer to cook than the rest of the vegetables. Next time I'll cook them before adding ! Very easy to make, thanks for sharing.
Made this 17/5-05 and it was really delicious! Made it as a side-dish to #22473. I used fresh carrots, yellow onions and potatoes and canned peas. The sweetness of the carrots gave this a lovely fresh taste! Thanks for sharing!
This was delicious and had a great, rich tomato flavor. I more than doubled the recipe so that I would have lots of leftovers to eat. Thanks for sharing this recipe!