1 hr 40 mins
This sounds very interesting to me. Like a lowfat potato cake-bake. You can use applesauce instead of the pear sauce, as the pear sauce seems like quite a bit of work for a similar result. Serve this with spring mix lettuce and a light citrus dressing, and you have a wonderful vegetarian lowfat supper! Don't fret, the prep time includes the making of the pear sauce. From Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe bosc pears
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Make Pear Sauce (If you want to skip this step, applesauce is a suitable substitute): Cover and cook pear sauce ingredients in a 1 qt saucepan for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- 2Stir on occasion.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low and cook about 30 minutes longer, stirring on occasion, until pears are very tender.
- 4Place the mixture in a blender or food processor.
- 5Pulse until chunky.
- 6Make Potato Cake: Heat oven to 375.
- 7Spray 13x9x2 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- 8In a large bowl, mix cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, marjoram, and egg whites.
- 9Stir in onion and potatoes.
- 10Spread into the prepared pan.
- 11Bake 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- 12Serve with pear sauce or applesauce, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Potato Supper Cake With Pear Sauce (Or Applesauce)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 552.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese