1/3 Photos of Low Fat Potato Soup With Chives
LOW fat as can be! Tasty, delicious...simply YUMMY! Inspired always be the internet? How long til someone reviews? Shall we make a bet?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1COMBINE onions, celery, broth, pepper and peeled and diced potatoes into large saucepan.
- 2BOIL then cover and SIMMER for 20 minutes.
- 3In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- 4COMBINE into above mixture.
- 5ADD remaining milk and BOIL.
- 6STIR constantly for about 3 minutes until thick.
- 7REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese.
- 8Allow mixture to cool slightly before putting it in a blender to make smooth.
- 9If necessary, reheat via stovetop or microwave 2 minutes until hot.
- 10TOP with chopped chives or allspice/nutmeg.
- 11NOTE: Amount if pepper is personal taste.
- 12NOTE: I mixed a tsp of a chilli recipe from the Golden Door Retreat into it (is fantastic for losing weight and tasty too; 300 grams of chilli peppers (all of it), 2 tbsp apple cider, 2 tsp tamari --- is HOT :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Potato Soup With Chives
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free chicken broth
non fat cheese