Recipe by mer@
Here is a simple and quick recipe from Recipe4Living. I've changed some of the amounts on the ingredients to suit my taste buds and it came out rich and creamy. Hope you agree.
Top Review by Milkman's Daughter
This is a wonderful recipe. I doubled the ingredients because of the amount I wanted and added ham (just because I love it) and it was really good. Thank you for my new potato soup recipe! I actually made this in the crockpot (skipped pre-cooking the onions).
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, saute the onion with the butter until clear.
- Add potatoes, bouillon and water.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes on medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and flour.
- Slowly stir this into the potato mixture until cheese melts. Slowly add the milk.
- Bring to a boil for one minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.