Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
Here is a simple and quick recipe from Recipe4Living. I've changed some of the amounts on the ingredients to suit my taste buds and it came out rich and creamy. Hope you agree.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a stock pot, saute the onion with the butter until clear.
- Add potatoes, bouillon and water.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes on medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and flour.
- Slowly stir this into the potato mixture until cheese melts. Slowly add the milk.
- Bring to a boil for one minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a wonderful recipe. I doubled the ingredients because of the amount I wanted and added ham (just because I love it) and it was really good. Thank you for my new potato soup recipe! I actually made this in the crockpot (skipped pre-cooking the onions).
Delicious. I used soy milk and about 2 oz. of full fat cream cheese. I had trouble getting the cream cheese to melt but it didn't hurt the flavor.