1/3 Photos of Low-Fat Potato Salad
8 hrs 25 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This is a deliciously creamy yet low-fat potato salad. The french dressing plus the mayo and yogurt adds some tang and colour to the salad. I have never felt the need to add any salt to this recipe. Plan ahead, this salad needs 2x4 hours chill time. NOTE: If you choose to use the whole eggs instead of egg whites the fat content of this salad will increase. It is also nice to use the 3 or 4 egg whites and then use one sliced whole egg as a decorative topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, unpeeled, cooked and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup low-fat French dressing (the bottled kind)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 hard-cooked egg white or 3 whole hardboiled egg
- 1Peel warm potatoes; cut into cubes.
- 2Place the cubed potatoes into a large bowl; Pour French dressing over them and toss; Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3After the 4 hours, add celery pickle, pepper, onion, and radishes to the potatoes; toss.
- 4In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt (if desired), and pepper.
- 5Pour dressing over salad; toss; stir in egg whites.
- 6Cover salad and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 7Before serving, if desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g