Recipe by Ninna
From my Panasonic Genius Cookbook - 1200w Microwave. Original recipe suggested cream, I use skim evap. milk to make it low fat. This is so quick and easy and I make it each winter now.
- 800 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- fresh chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, leeks, thyme, pepper and salt into a 4ltr (8 1/2 pts) casserole dish.
- Cover and cook on full power 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of chicken stock, cover and cook full power 15 minutes.
- Blend with stick blender, add milk and re-heat and serve with fresh chives.