Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A low-fat, high taste twist on sour cream & chicken casseroles. When I cook the chicken, I usually pan-sear with salt, pepper, and spices like garlic or onion powder. This provides a little extra yummy taste to the overall dish. Wonderful with green vegetables or salad as sides.
- 2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased baking dish, combine sour cream, soup, poppy seeds, and cooked chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle slivered almonds over top.
- Continue baking for 10-15 minutes or until almonds are toasted.
Tastes pretty great for being lower in fat (I did add shopped onions to improve the flavor). For 2 1/2 cups of chicken, 2 cups of fat free sour cream seemed like a lot, so I used about 1 3/4 cups. The casserole was still super runny and liquidy. I had to serve it using a slotted spoon to leave behind the extra liquid. Next time, I'd either double the chicken or halve the amount of sour cream. Thanks for posting!