Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Weight Watchers message boards.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces low-fat Ritz crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Combine chicken, soup, sour cream, diced onion and poultry seasoning in a baking dish. Crush Ritz crackers and combine with poppy seeds; sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 15-20 minutes until heated through.
I was pouting a bit about not getting to go to my favorite diner in town today to have their Poppy Seed chicken so I found this recipe. I agree that 1 T. of poppy seeds are plenty; I mix them into the soup mix as people around here tend to do. I also pulled chicken out of the freezer that had already been cooked and diced but it would have been better if I had either seasoned it during cooking or seasoned the mix a bit before cooking. I might try some garlic powder next time. Since DH and I work different shifts, I put this into 4 individual baking dishes and only put crackers on mine so we can cook the others when one of us is here to eat. I still cooked for about 20-30 minutes. Not as rich and decadent as the diner's variety, but still yummy and filled the spot! Thanks for sharing!
Very easy and incredibly good. I would go with one Tablespoon of the seeds.
Great! A friend brought us Poppy Seed Chicken and my kids loved it, but after looking at the traditional recipe, I just couldn't bring myself to add a stick of butter and other full fat ingredients to chicken.This recipe was a great find, and even more flavorful than the regular version. Simple, too. Instead of canned soup, I used recipe #360192 with a little extra chicken base stirred in. Thanks for sharing the recipe!