Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The popular flavours of beef and pizza combine for an easy meal the entire family will love.
- 1 lb beef minute steaks, cut in four pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 3⁄4 cups of your favourite pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella or parmesan)
- Brown steaks in a large oiled skillet over medium high heat about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 tbsps.
- water, green pepper, onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pizza sauce and simmer 3 to 5 minutes to blend flavours.
- Return steaks and any accumulated juices to skillet and spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of steaks.
- Cover and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with pasta and salad or spread slices of toasted Italian bread with sauce and top with steaks for an open-faced sandwich.
Very flavorful. Had already taken the steaks out of the freezer when something came up which made it impossible to finish. I had just completed step 6. Topped the steaks with the sauce and froze. When defrosted, warmed them up and continued the directions. Family loved them. Will have again.